For March, we consider the 7th UU principle, respect for the interdependent web of existence of which we are part.
How it works: Read the question for the week. Set your intention. Here are some examples of intentions:
– Read the question every day and let it work on me.
– Sit with the question for an hour on Wednesday evening.
– Sit with the question in my meditation practice (or while I knit) three days this week.
– Take the question with me during the day (or evening) on a small piece of paper in my pocket or on my smartphone or tablet.
Keep a journal (or make notes on your computer or phone):
– How does the principle and the question live in me?
– What questions does it raise – for myself, for others?
– How does the principle and the practice affect me?
– What changes for me over the week? – What am I learning?
Stay with one question per week, because it takes practice. Forgive yourself if you forget and come back the next day.
Mar 1-8 -Notice three different examples of interdependence every time you start this practice. Keep a list.
Mar 9-16 – Who is the face of interdependence for you? How has yours been the face of interdependence for others?
Mar 17-24 – What does respect for the interdependent web look like (or sound like or feel like) to you?
Mar 25-31 – What is does respect for the interdependent web of existence require from us in 2019 – as individuals, as a congregation, as a country, as world citizens?
May your UU spiritual practice go well. May you harmonize your voice as a member of the interdependent chorus of all existence!